Saturday, October 3, 2009

Winter

Dear winter,

I can feel you approaching fast. The days are getting shorter and colder. The mornings are getting white and frosty. I have to turn on the heat and use my thick duvet. It's obvious that you'll be here soon.

So, what the hell, man? What's the big idea? I thought we had a deal. I thought we were cool (well, of course you are cool, but you know what I mean). I thought we had agreed how this relationship was going to work.

Look, you know that I love you. As a friend. Sure, it's nice hanging out with you every once in a while, but I don't want to feel too crowded, you know? We can still see each other, but does it have to be every year?

I really enjoy hanging out with summer right now. I'm sorry, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I have to be honest. I know that we used to have a great time when I was a little boy who loved to play in your snow, but over the years we've grown apart.

I'm sorry. It's not you, it's me. I've changed over the years and our relationship just doesn't work anymore. So please, I don't want you showing up here every year, knocking on my door, enveloping me in your cold every time I leave my apartment. I don't want to accuse you of stalking, but soon I don't know if I have any choice…

Please stop embarrassing yourself and accept that I have moved on. You need to move on too.

Warm Sorry, cold regards,
Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment